Name:
Location: FL, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

Monday Night at the Guest House

We are looking into blogs and other technologies for the missionaries here. Often missionaries have a quarterly newsletter of some sort that they send out to their supporters. The missionary who ran the guest house, Nancy, would keep track of everyone's email addresses in separate distribution lists in her Yahoo account. I showed her how to use Yahoo Groups to setup a mailing list where people can subscribe and unsubscribe themselves and also read back-issues. This allows the missionaries to focus more on the content of their newsletter than on the managing of newsletter. I also showed her how some missionaries are now using blogs for their newsletters which allows a simple way to publish their newsletters to a graphical and sequential website without the need for editing web pages.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you witnessed to two people on the plain. Keep safe

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you find some.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home